Spoken English: Tongue-twisters
A tongue-twister is a sequence of words that is difficult to pronounce quickly and correctly. Even native English speakers find the tongue-twisters difficult to say quickly. Try them yourself. Try to say them as fast as possible, but correctly!
• A proper copper coffee pot.
• Around the rugged rocks the ragged rascals ran.
• Long legged ladies last longer.
• Pink lorry, yellow lorry.
• Red leather, yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather.
• She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
• The sixth sick Sheik’s sixth sheep is sick.